If you share in our belief of impacting climate change effects with practical solutions rather than rhetoric and that it is possible to balance commercial needs with the environment then we would be keen to talk to you.
Do you want to work in a culture which isn’t restricted by corporate rules and are willing to challenge the status quo then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Agile and independent
Vekta Group was founded on not just the belief that one person can make a difference but of how important it is to create a platform for change for our employees and partners that can grow organically with every new addition and venture.
We value being able to take an open, objective and independent standpoint while at the same time maintaining agility in our workload and decision-making process.
We want to grow as a business and we want to ensure our employees and partners have the opportunity to do the same.
No project too big or small
We welcome the opportunity to work on projects and technologies of a variety of types and sizes because we recognise the value in fighting climate change is not just purely about who can build the biggest wind farm.
It is also about enabling renewable technology to be scalable and workable in places from a single house to an off-grid village to a 1GW+ power station.
Finding new ways projects and technologies can successfully get to market is a powerful motivator.
No rules culture
If you enjoy freedom from silos and want to explore your own projects and ideas alongside working on key projects that can practically impact climate change then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Climate change is everyone’s responsibility and it is going to take a different approach to business in order to make a big enough difference.
Teamwork & collaboration
Knowledge is power, but what use is knowledge if it isn’t passed on. There is decades worth of combined experience in the renewables industry within Vekta Group and we are keen to share this with both employees and partners.
We offer all our team mentoring and professional development opportunities and we don’t believe in silos or comfort zones.
We are also keen to develop partnerships with other like-minded businesses as fighting climate change isn’t a competition about who can make the biggest profit, it’s about how can we work together to make the biggest positive impact.
We are always interested in hearing from like-minded people.
View our current vacancies below and apply to be part of our team. If there isn't something available for you now then please contact us and attach your CV along with the reasons why you'd like to work with us.
Check back here soon for current vacancies at Vekta Group - in the meantime feel free to send us CV along with the reasons why you'd like to work with us.
Would you like to work in a company with a culture based on putting employees first, where being part of the team means we take care of each other, give honest feedback and welcome honest feedback in return. Do you like working towards making a positive impact on the effects of climate change and finding new and innovative ways to positively disrupt the renewables industry and help drive change. If so we may have just the job for you.
- Know how to undertake electrical equipment sizing studies for renewable projects and transmission systems
- Enjoy modelling harmonics for renewables technology and grids
- Know how to model power systems and enjoy the challenge of conducting a variety of power system studies for renewable projects.
- Know how to using software like DiGSILENT, PSCAD, MATLAB and ETAP.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical / power systems engineering
- Enjoy coding in either R, Python, VBA or Matlab
- Enjoy learning, working on a wide variety of projects and creating disruptive products and ideas within the renewables industry
- Want to work with our software team to help an agile, growing and ambitious SME build tools and services which can be used on renewable projects globally
- Know how to model wind turbine generators and optimise network performance to meet grid code compliance standards
- Work on the basis of mutual trust and are self-motivated / driven to learn
- Like to work in an environment where new ideas and different ways of doing things are welcomed
- Want to help create an electrical centre of excellence within our business and build a power systems modelling team
If the answer is yes then please apply below and enjoy such benefits as:
- Competitive salary with a per annum dependant on experience
- Unlimited holiday policy (with a minimum of 28 days)
- Flexible working based on a standard 36 hour week
- No rules culture
- Private health insurance
- Common bonus scheme where all employees receive an equal bonus
- Daily morale boosts from our resident office dog
We are based in central Edinburgh with an office less than 10 minutes’ walk from Waverley station. To apply or ask any questions please respond directly to this advert or drop us a line at email@example.com. Please note that the closing date is currently set as 31st May.