Vekta Group was pleased to be working with OWC on due diligence of the pre-tender electrical design for a large Taiwanese offshore wind farm. The primary scope of work for Vekta Group was the electrical design onshore and offshore but we also provided electrical support for the turbine package
Scope of work included grid, electrical, turbine and Employer Requirements activities:
- review of the onshore substation design to identify opportunities
- offshore array cable network optimisation and reduction in number of export cables
- 66kV switchgear due diligence for the turbine package
- onshore cable route review, including proposed HDD route
- review and updates to the electrical employer requirements, including SCADA
The project has now achieved financial close against the backdrop of a very challenging construction programme and consent / technical challenges. Vekta Group’s work was led by Charles Balderston.