Vekta Group was pleased to be working with Cobra and OWC on the development of the 50MW Kincardine floating offshore wind farm up to FID. The primary scope of work for Vekta group was grid and electrical but a number of the Associate Consultants now with Vekta Group also supported the design and development of the project.
Scope of work included grid, electrical, marine works and project management activities.
Grid and electrical scope included:
- electrical package management
- onshore and offshore cable design and selection
- preparation of Employers Requirements for supply and installation of onshore and offshore cables
- management of the grid connection contracts
- levelized cost of energy assessments to assist in the sizing and selection of cables
- negotiation of onshore and offshore cable supply and installation contracts.
Marine works scope included:
- marine works package management
- preparation of Employers Requirements for the transport and installation of the floating foundation structures (pre and post installation of turbines) and anchoring arrangements
- negotiation of installation contracts.
Project management activities included:
- development and management of the project interface register
- development of the project risk management and change control processes.
Kincardine has now achieved first power against the backdrop of a very challenging ROC deadline and other technical barriers. Vekta Group’s work was led by Charles Balderston with now Associate Consultant Ian Johnson leading on marine works and cables.