Vekta Group was pleased to be working with EDF Renewables on project due diligence prior to the successful purchase of the Neart na Gaoithe 450MW offshore wind farm. The primary scope of work for Vekta Group was grid and electrical but another Associate Consultant now with Vekta Group previously supported the design and development of the project.
Scope of work included grid, electrical and project development activities:
- review of project electrical design
- owners engineer role supporting EDF with data room due diligence
- cost analysis and modelling of the OFTO assets
- risk review of electrical infrastructure.
Project development activities (pre sale) included:
- development and management of the project
- development and management of the project risk matrix
- development of the project CAPEX model
- transmission works package management
- support during the consent and sell down process
Neart na Gaoithe was successfully purchased by EDF Renewables and has now achieved FID against the backdrop of a challenging CfD programme. Vekta Group’s work was led by Charles Balderston with now Associate Consultant Ian Johnson supporting the development of the project in the pre-sale phase.